Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Birmingham Uni Open Day

So...i had my chemistry AS resit this morning which i think i can be happy about...was checkin and rechecking and i missed a few odd words out so to go over and put them back in only made me feel much happier about it (obviously!) .... So, thank You God for watching over me for that exam...General Studies on Friday and next Thursday...thats a definetly "Wateva" exam..so, i can go back to being a bit more normal...

Half hour after the exam, i dashed to Birmingham Uni for an open day for Medical Science..Went with my mom cos i was allowed to invite one guest...We parked at our old flat since we live 5 minutes from the Medical School so we walked there...kinda reminded me of when i was younger when i used to walk to and from school with my friends Jon and Ravi...fun times. So, as we walked down...my mom finally gave me a compliment..

"You know...you're hair doesnt look that bad with those glasses..."

i never felt so happy to be wearin my glasses whilst havin my dishevelled hair...especially comin from my mom who doesnt approve of my choice of hats or shoes...she sees me as more of an adult...an adults do not wear red canvas shoes or have pink chequered squares painted on either...
Her other piece of advice was:

"Look excited and look like ur listening and being attentive..."

*20 minutes later*
"ZzzzZzzZzzZzzz..."
I get a nudge on the knee...and my mom is lookin at me very unimpressively...this does not go down well since there were only about 8 kids and 6 guests...and we were sittin in the front row...and the lecturer was standin directly in front of me...i couldnt help it! ive been up since 6am jus de-psyching myself up before my exam...only ate a bowl of cereal with a glass of water (not my usual Tea in my Homer cup) and did an exam...besides, that one hour never looked like it was goin to end either...! We've jus got home and my mom said:
"Ive never been so embarassed! the admissions tutor had to ask if we've travelled a long way as well...!" which is very funny since we live down the road from the university!there was one kid who came as far as Macclesfield which im told is just south of Manchester but i had my reasons...valid ones too! :P

After that impressive "snooze", we were taken round the campus...which ive been around and have done a bit of shopping there before as well as shootin a few hoops...the tour guide was this chinese girl called Jenny...she took the kids on the tour whilst the adults went to look round the uni with the use of a Uni buses...my mother thought this was the right time to get some shopping done down the road at Sainsbury. So anyways, Jenny went upto me and said;
"Is that ur mother?"
"umm...*everyone is lookin at me now*...yeah, thats my mom"
"is she that church lady?"
"umm...maybe?"
"I've seen her before..."

Which i thought was funny cos in my mind i said;
"REALLY? COS I AM NOT ENTIRELY SURE AS TO WHO YOU ARE...AND HOW DO YOU KNOW MY MOTHER?!"
but it turns out shes a friend of Joe's and shes been once...invited to come to the BCEC again...

it was lunch time...and we each received a £5 lunch coupon which was quite cool cos i was starvin. i looked at the food...chicken thigh which didnt look like the best thing to eat cos gravy and bones and whatnot makes u look like a savage as u try ripping meat off the bone therefore leavin u to eat 35% of the chicken which then makes u look really stupid and spoilt as people will think you dont eat meat "off the bone"...also expected some "Save the World" university society and read me my rights as a person living in the first world. What was left was lil strips of meat under the name "chicken" and a side order of curly fries or chips...for kicks, i picked curly fries...and i asked the dinner lady;
"umm what is that? *pointing at the meat* "
"Dassss MediiiTehRaineeehan" (decoded to say "Mediteranean")

bein honest, it was gross...oily...nasty...dripped in water or some other translucent liquid...pieces of green "vegetable"...gross...to which i replied:

"Yeah..that sounds good...ill have that. With some curly fries"

You know the feeling of little explosions goin on in ur stomach...? yeah, all afternoon with a hint of this desperate need to find a small cubicle as to which to i could release some really bad "meat" gas. The best bit of my lunch was the bottled water. Still feeling a bit sick and guilty for eating that. Sorry Ross' heart, arteries and overall body.

We were shown a lab demo of a spirometer which ive already covered in class...
"So, what do we use when we want to be energetic and move around?"
Some girl said;
"ATP"
"Excellent..! and what is needed to make ATP...?"

there was this awkward 10 second silence...i looked around...
"Glucose?"
"Thats right..."

WE ARE LOOKIN AT BIOMEDICAL SCIENCE HERE PEOPLE! COME ON Y'ALL !

never mind eh...
All in all, the course looked okay...im not desperate to start my adult life as a research scientist so i think ill take that sign as a "no" then...

Now I must go gargle my mouth with some mouth wash...i can still taste "meat".

"When it's over" by Sugar Ray

7 Comments:

At 9:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey thanks for the laugh, can always rely on you for that. Happy new year to you my trendy dude friend he he he (love the funky shoes). rock on tommy. hey and I think Janet would've looked funny at being asked if u had come a long way (oh the embarrassment of sitting next to a sleeping ogre) ha ha ha. good luck with the resits. see you on sunday, good luck leading too.

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger Mumbly Panda said...

chrissy: tres delicious...if anyone wants to like impress their friends for bein the most disgusting...have some of the "mediteranean"...delish. my mom is now "that Church Lady"..nice. had some minutes spare in my gen studs exam...was writin the word "Ephesians" on my arm...2 teachers were staring at me..was funny cos one came closer to stare at my arm....

anonymous: no worries...anytime...im glad i can make you laugh with words...i must be a hoot in real life(!) jus kiddin...thats cool..keep readin, im sure funnier things will happen to me... :P
she was like really on the ball thinkin ... "OH! NO! He jus came fresh from an exam...chemistry exam...he wasnt bored!" twas really funny...
excuse me...OGRE?! okay, i may have put on a little holiday weight but im an ogre now..? oh man...i was hopin like more Panda then anything...at least they are not slimy...
See you on Sunday...pray that God watches over the practice!
:D

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger Mumbly Panda said...

SUE?! OGRE?!

 
At 7:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ross
Dont take it so seriously man, you no I meant it in a funny way lol. not in a green, big huge disgusting way....hmmm well.... u did have some terrible gases, and rumbles in the jungle...ohhhhh..... lets compare.... only kidding. cheers big ears, mad lady

 
At 12:17 AM, Blogger Mumbly Panda said...

i was talkin to sam and i said i should intiate a farting competition...she thought i could do better than that and fight like man...with the undertone that im not one although.
i can accept my ogre ways...but only if hes part panda...
otherwise, we got a fight...!

 
At 5:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

fight dont think that you will win, hehehe and a panda is soft cuddly and all warm and furry??? so def cant be part ogre soz.

 
At 8:55 PM, Blogger Mumbly Panda said...

wow...ppl are still postin here...! didnt see this one..
yeah...maybe im not cool enough Joe to be mentioned in ur posse...! seemed like a nice lady...

well sue...im gonna take the panda part then...cos for some reason...my hands are surprisingly soft...maybe not so cuddly...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger