Tuesday, June 12, 2007

First Day...and now.

So...i had my first day at work at KPF today..cos atm, im livin in a zone 4 area and the office is in Covent garden which is zone 1...it meant havin to wake up just a little earlier than im currently used to...so out of the house by 8:45am and dashed for the oncoming bus that drove past me...I'm really lovin Oyster cards...jus how efficient and somewhat quite stylish it is to fip out ur card wallet and slap it onto the machine thus opening the train gates...

Luckily, the office is situated coveniently across from Covent garden train station so i arrived outside the doors at 9:30...a good half hour before i needed to go in...half awake..i trudged around and found a Cafe Nero where i bought a regular sized cup of tea...where i managed to burn my tongue...tea has never been so hot...and i should know..cos im a big tea chugger. So..with my numb tongue i went into the office...I did some research yesterday and the floor that i first saw was quite cool...a warm, laid-back atmosphere with maybe 20-30 or so people workin. i thought to myself "yeah..cool...not that many people...not too intimidating..this should be fun.."

fast forward today: i find out architects alone...nearly 200 of them! add on the marketers and the rest...we've got huge numbers...all on that one floor u say? ah...wise one...they occupy 3 floors! and 2 other floors on a building opposite! the image of myself as a small fish jus got even smaller when the lady told me.

So, ive been placed into a project involving LSE and their student accomodation with cafe/bar. Oddly, it seems to me that I am the only one makin this section of the model...didn't quite dawn on me till this morning considerin the other model makers are doin other projects...
Yeah, its hard atm...everyday is hard slog...not only i have to deal with the ever changing demands of my bosses on how things should look, i actually have to go and make it...properly. Originally, i thought my model was just a simple model for them to prod at and see where they can make edits..but its startin to sound like they want it to be a presentation model...more stress...

right, too tired to write...will blog more..

hope ur well...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger