Tuesday, March 27, 2007

King of the Rodeo


So...im feelin much better...mentally stronger and happier and also physically more awake..! this is the first time in a long time (6 weeks) where i can finally relax for only a little while..call it my mini holiday before the holiday.
We've had to design 3 buildings on a proposed pier which is part of the forward thinkin of re-generatin Plymouth as a city (or is town?). We were placed into teams of 3 but we were marked individually for our own buildings. 3 choices: Ferry Port, Shops and Restaturant. After much discussion with my tutor, he decided for me it would be best to take the Ferry Port as usually the building itself would be placed at the end.
The ferry port had to contain not only 4 toilets (dont ask!), a waiting area and a managers office but an exhibition area for art, a performance area for festivals and concerts and generous outdoor deck area for waiting...

the past 6 weeks have been hard...jus tryin to keep calm and jus get on with it even tho at times i cant even lift my eye lids...a prime example was last week...i spent the entire Saturday drawing all my plans,elevations,cross sections and perspectives. i completed it on Sunday morning with the thought that i could take em to the studio and photocopy them for backup. i put them in a cardboard tube and was off. the journey didnt take long. i live 5 minutes from the studio. i got there and opened the photocopier and i opened my tube..only for the tube to be hollow. my work dropped out as i was walkin to the studio! i dashed out and searched and to make things worse...it was hail stoning. that was heart wrenching. tbh, it was heart wrenching cos i dont think ive ever felt that way about my work before...throughtout my school career, i dont think ive ever cared bout work like i did when i was lying on the floor looking under the cars.
i shed a few tears..whined for a bit...bought a Whopper meal to make myself a lil happier (the first time i actually went to BK to eat cheer myself up..) and got back to re-drawing everything again on Sunday afternoon till the early morning.

I presented my work yesterday and hopefully things went well. i got very good reviews from my tutor and i pray that my grades will be ok. he said that the drawings were beautiful, the building itself was realistic enough that it was 'buildable' (any other buddin architects out there reading this...always aim to get a word like 'buildable' as a descriptive for ur building!) and privately, he said if my team as a whole worked to my work rate, our designs wouldve been one of the best designs. Praise God!

i know my spiritual life has been dry and at times i feel disconnected and at times quite angry at Him (the losing of my drawings)...He still pulls me thru...and He pulls me thru comfortably. i call losing my work "God testing and shaping me". i havent lost the faith. ive grown a little stronger for it. since that day, the work load altho just as intense, has felt effortless in my mind...thanks God. :)

PS- watched 300 yesterday...i thought it was good...a solid 8/10. the CGI was just beautiful, simply stunning. altho it is hard to look cool in tight speedos. the helmet made up for the speedos. :)

I'm Currently Listening to: "Match Box" by The Kooks

3 Comments:

At 11:00 PM, Blogger token white said...

Your post is really encouragin :)
Not in agreement with your 300 rating though: I'd give it a 3/10. Impressive CGI, agreed, but plot was rubbish, female representation was terrible, and the general moral of the story was.. what? When the odds are against you commit suicide in the hope it'll encourage some of your buds to join the fight!? "WHY NOT JUST PRAY!?!?!?!" the Christ in me points out. Exodus 14:14

 
At 4:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.

 
At 3:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

tramadol online pharmacy tramadol hcl 93 58 - buy tramadol visa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger