Friday, May 19, 2006

The guy formerly known as "Ross"

I've had strange names and variation in my lifetime...

1) My dear old grandma who i love to pieces has no english vocabulary except for the odd word or two like "water", "hello", "bye bye" ...
So, it is understandable that it is quite difficult to say my name...she calls me "Loss"...my mom always tells me that pickin 'Ross' was better than her other choice 'Ryan' because of it...

2) My grandma's brother used to call me 'Rose' in my formative years

3) Matthew calls me 'Rosie' or 'Rosie baby' because of him

4) My friends call me sometime 'Raaassss' cos i have a slight american accent and apparently i say thats how i say my name.

5) My indian friend used to call me 'Rosmalai' which apparently means 'an indian sweet-type desert thing'

6) Othertimes its 'Rossy' or 'Rossyboy' which there are no qualms. in fact, i dont have any problems with any of em ive listed.

But today...TODAY...this morning...drinking my morning tea and watchin BBC news...the postman delivers 2 envelopes...they are face down so i didnt instantly know who they were for...
One was addressed to "M J Chinn" and the other was addressed to:

" Mr. Roff Chin"

ROFF. ROFF. ROFF? how wrong could u possibly be?! Maybe he thought 'Roff' was shortform for 'Roffaniel' or 'Roffistopher' or 'Roffanthan' or 'Roff-whos-a-good-boy-?' Told my mom and showed her the envelope...she suggested "how bout woof?"

7) The guy who sent me an envelope calls me 'Roff Chin' possibly after his family dog. its a chubby chinese lookin dog.

---edit---


this is an incredibly happy song...i love it!

I'm currently listening to: "Light and Day" by Polyphonic Spree

3 Comments:

At 8:20 AM, Blogger Mumbly Panda said...

i probably do...but those are the ones i think that have 'Ross' in it...'Ross the Boss the big fat Toss'...jus remembered that one..

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger Mumbly Panda said...

man..that wouldve been hysterical...

 
At 10:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahahha.
roff.
that's so funny, i love the way u set out that story.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger