Monday, May 15, 2006

Planes, Buses and Bicycles?

So...im sweatin...weird...its not the meat sweats u get from eatin meat...its not sweat that comes from my once in 2 weeks basketball session come early...its not the sweat i get from chasin the 61 bus as it starts to pull away from the bus stop...its sweatin on a weekday! its sweatin on a Monday afternoon which the rain or drizzle didn't attribute to. no ladies and gentlemen...its sweatin cos ive got a bicycle.

It all stemmed from when i was talkin to one of my classmates, Sam, and my form tutor, Brad, two weeks ago.
S: "ross, where do u live?"
R: "on the bristol road"
S: "oh...how do u get home then?"
R: "oh..sometimes i walk..most of the time..i take the bus."
S: "You take the bus?!"
B: "yeah...cos the panda is too lazy to walk."
R: "in a nutshell...thanks sir."
S: "thats a travesty...you should bike it to school."
R: "i dont own a bike dude..."
S: "Get one!"
R: "nah..im good."
B: "lazy panda."

and i thought nothin of it...until today. i bussed it to school this morning...my daily exercise comes from walkin to the bus stop...and if it need be, a light sprint to it to flag down the bus drivers who really are in Bus Grand Prix with the other drivers. i bet the other drivers at homebase are takin bets on whos the fastest. anyway, got to school....read my mornin Metro paper in my favourite spot in the art block sofa. ooo...liverpool article...page 54-55...interesting. 9 o' clock swings by, Sam enters the block with his bike.
R: "Nice bike dude"
S: "It is...listen...my uncle is gettin me a new bike cos this is gettin knackered...do u want it?"
R: "UHH!"

i later agreed this afternoon at bout 2 pm .... so, Sam, Dominic and myself went to inspect sam's bike behind the art block. i looked at it...black...a lil tattered and bruised...sam wanted to run through the basics of his bike...this was his baby...this was now my rolling wheels of death. he gave me a small talk on how the gears work...flew past my head...as long as i could balance and ride it with ease and safety, i didnt care.

R: "so...whats the rule on helmets...?"
S: "its not compulsory...you're fine mate...i rode in from Walsall this morning...one and a half hours...you'll be fine."
D: "also...'Helmet' rhymes with 'Ponce' "

So..off i rode onto the Bristol road...no cushion or suspension could support the bumps..so my butt hurts...i worried that my pants (trousers to u all) would get caught in the cogs..so i had to geekily tuck em in my socks...sweatin drippin off my nose...water mud splats flying everywhere...but amid all that...as i glided, the cool breeze on my face..imogen heap playin softly in my ears, it was fun...havent rode on a bike since i was 10...and it was awesome...

Although i can smell the meat sweats that has been produced from cycling...i smell pepperoni.

I'm currently listening toL "You're all I have" by Snow Patrol

3 Comments:

At 10:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like the imogen touch :P
so which is better? not rushing for the bus and peddling... or... running for bus which might get stuck in traffic anyways?

 
At 4:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ew.
moonface pie.

PIE!

bikes are evil.
skates are much better.

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger Mumbly Panda said...

thanks...i aspire to be a writer-of-all-traits(!)
i guess it depends on how much stuff ive got...monday bike riding was great...cloudy mild weather...mom went a lil protective on findin out i now own a bike...we've had bad experiences with bikes.
ew? i try and be healthy...and u say its "ew"? ur truly somethin 'anonymous' altho i know who u are...
skates...havent rolled on one in ages...and i only used one skate too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger