Sunday, February 12, 2006

An Eternal Song

So...C'n'R was really cool on friday. bert showed us this clip from Nooma entitled "Rhythm" by Rob Bell. i sat there and this analogy totally worked on me...it really as bert likes to say, "resonated" in me.
it was about how God was i think this beautiful and eternal song that never stopped playing...its beautiful and can draw u in to 'play' and be in tune with the song...u pick up ur instrument and u play in tune with the song...

what i picked up from it...that it is eternal. That as harsh as it may sound, it will keep playing...forever and ever...people can say disregard it and reject the tune...but it wont stop. it will keep playing...and its down to us whether or not u want to play in tune or not. sure there will be times where we will play the song and then fall out of tune...but all we need to do is re-focus ourselves and play in tune again.

such a simple analogy but it worked...i totally get it...i think.
I think its been buggin me cos my biology teacher wanted scientific proof that God exists...and that has made me change the way i look at my teacher now...but ive learnt that God is above that...he is above science...He will keep playin the song...its not like he has flicked away my teacher...God will keep playin the song...and that is so comforting to know He will never stop...

Church was really good today...really picked up alot froom Bert bout perserverance and rebuilding...and at some ways, realising that "Living for God" is not jus somethin u say...my friend Desmond (well, his name is Derrick...but ive known since i was 11 and ive always called him 'Desmond') and his fiancee Adeline came to church! and they loved it...they thought the atmosphere was great, speaker was excellent (she even said Bert should come and speak at her church) and jus overall general coolness. Hopefully, they'll visit more often...they wanna hear my mom and myself lead...i think Desmond jus wants to laugh at me(!) iD was good too...terence gave a talk bout "What Heaven would be like" and got an Eric Clapton song into the mix too...Tears in Heaven...nice song. I also mimiced the actions and laziness of a panda today...thought i got that down to a tee.
AH! also got some strange belated birthday presents from very deranged women...Daughter of Crazy lady got me potato (called "Potato of Hapiness"), incontinence knickers (a diaper) and a 19p money tree and a Superman t-shirt...Crazy lady got me 2 carmen-esque badges...and Daughter of Crazy lady and C-wizzle got me 3 boxes of Whittard's tea...fueling my tea addiction...nice. the only sane things i got were a sketchbook and some comics from D...which is really cool!

But yeah...hope y'all start a nice halfterm and ill post soon..
Big iD is comin up on Thursday...hope to see y'all there..

Song of the Day: "For the widows in paradise, For The Fatherless In Ypsilanti" by Sufjan Stevens

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger